UK Flooring Direct is an e-commerce flooring retailer that has consistently grown organically to be the UK’s leading Wood and Laminate Flooring specialist. We’re proud of delivering an easier and more convenient shopping experience for big-ticket home improvement products.
We’re building our very own tech, data and product teams to drive our charge to deliver a disruptive and premium customer experience in big ticket home improvement.
We’ve also been listed in the Sunday Times: Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 3 years running.
We have an interesting tech and product vision and we believe there is a tremendous opportunity for a digital native, tech and data lead business model to revolutionise the home improvement industry. With a recent private equity investment, we are well-positioned to take this opportunity.
You are the first permanent senior technology hire into the business and will be the cornerstone of a growth plan that will heavily depend on a new cutting-edge technology strategy.
We need an experienced Engineering Director to shape the journey with us around key technologies such as:
- Integrating ML & AI into the core customer experience
- Creating a marketplace experience and platform to bring our millions of website users (consumers) and our thousands of flooring installers (trade accounts) together in a mutually beneficial way
- Integrate AR product visualisation and room measurement to create an immersive shopping experience
- Develop the use of conversational AI & Natural Language Processing (NLP) into the customer experience beyond just standard contact centre deflection
What you'll be doing:
- Focused on the needs of the business, you will be working closely with the Product Director and CDO and will provide the technical perspective and direction for the whole company.
- Build a brand-new technology organisation, responsible for both the in-house recruitment as well as managing outsourced and 3rd party development and configuration.
- Be a critical decision-maker in Build vs Buy opportunities, you will be able to effectively research and understand the pros and cons of all 3rd party companies and software.
- Create multiple Agile cross-functional teams, incorporating both DevOps and Test Automation cultures that are embedded in every team, not as separate functions. You will be expected to start small and scale to match company growth.
- Set the example, you will know when you can delegate to give your teams the freedom to perform but also be close enough to jump in and be hands-on when required.
- Instil a world-class culture of personal growth and learning, helping your people on their career journey with regular 1:1s, goal setting and performance enhancement.
Benefits & Perks
- 25% Bonus
- Flexible working - hours and location
- 15% Employee Friends & Family discount
- 33 days Attractive Annual Leave
- Optional Personal Health Care
- Fruit and Breakfast onsite
Click here to access the candidate pack detailing this role even further.