We are looking for multiple Senior Backend Developers with good experience in building high performance enterprise grade cloud platforms and services. Our company is a highly successful leader in safety & security solutions around the globe.
This opportunity is a permanent role to join our progressive, dynamic team, based in London. You will work in an innovative, agile and multi-disciplined team to develop and deliver our proprietary safety & security solutions.
Contributing to the development process you will help generate delivery ideas and solutions whilst encompassing the full spectrum of design, coding, and testing. In addition, you will ensure successful delivery of key strategic objectives through the development of high-quality software.
You can find out more about what we do on YouTube at: https://youtu.be/PhYkXe-ZLwM
- At least 5 years of experience in building high performance enterprise grade distributed applications using java, python, .Net, GO, or similar distributed language. Current platform is Java.
- Good experience in Git version control and release process best practices including CICD pipeline with Jenkins or related, and Github workflows
- Expertise (varying) in web services and APIs (REST/GRAPHQL/GRPC, etc)
- Expertise in working with back end scalable systems, preferably with experience in JVM based languages
- Microservices and microservice patterns and antipatterns
- 4+ years of experience in Relational & Non-Relational Database Technologies
- 3+ years of experience in containerisation (docker, Kubernetes) and deploying to a cloud platform (AWS)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented and functional programming concepts, data structure and algorithms
- Understanding of enterprise design patterns and modular software development.
Benefits and perks
- 34 days holiday (incl. bank holidays)
- Pension 5% employer contribution
- Group Life insurance
- Flexible working from home option(s) (still being defined).
- Company sponsorship programme for continued training and development
- Employee recognition award
You’ll be a part of the founding team which means, as one of our first hires, you’ll help us define and build what our culture looks like. We’re going through a massive digital transformation and we’re going to build something truly awesome - help us create that.