As a Senior Product Manager, you'll own and build a huge part of Shpock’s product roadmap, and lead a cross functional team to deliver it.
Shpock boasts millions of users that are trying to find bargains, trying to shop more sustainably or simply trying to find something serendipitous that they’d not be able to find elsewhere - you’ll have the opportunity to affect the experiences they have across the platform, and build what matters to them.
You’ll get to know our users, and be responsible for ensuring your team of engineers, designers, data analysts (and more) understands what user problems need to be solved in which order, and work with them closely to come up with innovative and effective solutions. As a senior member of the team, you’ll coach and mentor other product managers, and support product strategy across the different teams at Shpock.
Who are we looking for?
- You are passionate about solving problems for users, and go the extra mile to understand the problems they face
- You love exploring data and test results - at Shpock we care about measuring our impact, typically through AB tests
- You enjoy ownership and autonomy - we have a user base of millions, and each of our product teams has a large area of responsibility, with many more problems and opportunities than there is time to address at once
- You like big problems - we’re on an ambitious path to completely reshape our marketplace from one centred around off-platform local collections to one where payments and delivery is handled by Shpock
- You’re a great communicator - whether written or verbal, you can tell a compelling story to your team, senior management, or your users
- You love buying and/or selling things! Or can deeply empathize with our buyers and sellers
What you will do:
- Lead a cross functional team, responsible for a specific domain, such as search, payments, or sellers
- Build and own the team’s short and long term roadmap and agree quarterly OKRs with our management team that measure whether we’re on track
- Create data-informed, written narratives that communicate your vision and thinking to your team and to the rest of the company
- Take part in discovery workshops with your team to explore potential solutions to problems and ensure that everyone’s voice is heard.
- Continuously experiment and take risks. Review results of AB tests with data analysts, and explore data to figure out the next experiments to run. With millions of users there is always more data to explore.
- Balance technical and user needs. Work with the tech lead and engineers in your team to ensure that we have a strong technical vision
- Spread your knowledge across the product organisation, mentoring other PMs, and working with other teams to ensure we’re pulling in the same direction
- Monitor, analyse and be accountable for improving your key performance indicators to optimize product performance
What we offer:
- Join at a vital time in our journey to provide a genuine impact on how we evolve.
- Work together with management that supports change to improve us as a company! We embrace trying out new things and creating new and state of the art processes like our PEAK team set up and our GEMBA walks where we create an environment for regular opportunities to inspect and adapt as a company.
- A transparent culture - we care for each other and always promote radical candor to improve our relationships to help create an environment for success.
- An international working atmosphere in which we get stuff done and a learning environment with the opportunities to get the right development opportunities catered to your needs.
- Family-friendly & work-life balance are no buzz words for us: We offer flexible working hours, remote days (up to 40% of your monthly working time), family events and 10 additional vacation days for new parents (when not going on paternity leave).
- Benefits like weekly team breakfasts, yoga, regular team events & more
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience leading an outcome-driven, cross functional product team for at least 2 years
- Experience working on consumer-facing products
- Experience building a product strategy in an ambiguous problem space
- Experience mentoring and influencing other product managers