Freetrade brings together people with diverse skills and backgrounds, ranging from leading financial services companies to Big Tech to more. Together we are focused on building an open and transparent stockbroker you can trust.
Openness and transparency is in our DNA and applies to all aspects of our company. We encourage an open and inclusive environment and pride ourselves on being candid, curious, focused, humble and gritty.
We are soon to move to a managed office close to Liverpool Street Station with all of the expected perks that come with it!
We value communication via Slack, Zoom and also in person and will be moving to 2 days per week expected office attendance as of October - these days will be prescribed as Mondays and Thursdays.
Employees are highly valued - we give them the space to work autonomously and to be the SME within their given space where cross-collaboration is pivotal in our success. We fail fast, and learn from those failings; nobody gets things right first time, every time. Everyone within Freetrade is incredibly passionate about what they, and we, are doing. Feedback is a two-way process and it’s expected that all employees give and receive feedback openly from their peers and manager.
- 1st member of engineering within marketing - hands-on delivery expected
- Be the technical guide as to how we achieve what we want to achieve with a focus on optimisation, performance and stability
- Stakeholder management with strong characters in Marketing, Engineering and the wider business
- Experience building large-scale customer-facing websites within a reputable brand
- Previous exposure of collaborating with marketing on things like SEO best practice, accessibility and internationalisation
- Despite a need for good front end skills, we also want them to be somewhat well versed in back end architecture with an ability to describe how things like APIs, cloud deployments etc. work
- Strong stakeholder management experience - not afraid to challenge or of being challenged.
Benefits & Perks
Flexible working - as above - Mon & Thurs in-office days, will be trialled as of October, subject to change.
- A share option scheme to own a part of the company you’re contributing to
- 4 weeks paternity leave full pay to take however works for you
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme. For context, in 2020, everyone at Freetrade got the maximum bonus of 10%, as we smashed our company KPIs.
- Enhanced pension: 5% employee and employer contributions.
- Life assurance: x5 salary. The key difference between life insurance and life assurance is that insurance is designed to cover the policyholder for a specific term, while life assurance covers the policyholder for their entire life.
- Top-end health insurance for both you and your family members.
- A yearly £500 personal learning budget to spend on anything you consider will help you scale - books, seminars, courses, paid-for newsletters, your meditation app, anything!
- 25 days holiday + 1 extra for your birthday to enjoy with family and friends 🙂
- If you’d like, you can work 1 week from anywhere in the world, so you can extend your vacations or family visits abroad. We are looking to expand this to be longer in 2021.
- Everything from Freetrade for free. Free Freetrade Plus membership, Free SIPP account, plus £200 to get you going with your investing. Not that it's needed in your case, as an active Freetrade user, but you'll still get it!
- Top-end work hardware and personal headphone allowance.
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- … and more. We are continuously developing the benefits.
Get in touch with email@example.com for more information.